PCM4 Digital Audio Workstation - Discontinued
A PCM-4 system shown with optional hardware controller and monitor.
OverviewThe PCM4 is a 4 input / 4 output SADiE desktop system running full SADiE software. The highly affordable PCM4 is ideal for music and radio production and all general high-end editing applications. It may be configured to customer requirements to provide a range of additional functions from the extensive range available.
In hardware terms the PCM4 comprises a PCI plug in card and provides 4 channels of balanced line input and output as well as digital I/O (AES/EBU). The I/O is accomplished by cable looms which convert the D-type connectors on the rear of the PCI plug in card to traditional male and female XLR connectors.
The PCM4 utilises the SADiE DSP hardware platform to meet the demand for more powerful high-speed processing of today's high-resolution audio formats up to 96kHz/24bit. In addition to the increase in processing power, the PCM4 offers full support as standard for real-time Direct-X plug-ins and features standard Windows networking.
OptionsThe PCM4 at its heart is a PCM series PCI DSP card with a 4 channel daughter card, break-out leads and a choice of SADiE software packages. As a turnkey system, this is supplied in a 4u rack PC with keyboard and mouse (no monitor). Specifications of the host PC change periodically and there are various PC related options for HDD size, CD burner, graphics cards etc. Please contact us for details. This is currently supplied with Windows® 7 software.
In addition to the PC related options, there are also SADiE specific hardware options:
- CAT card "Control and Timecode" interface - provides synchronisation and 9-pin RS422 control features.
- Master Control panel: - provides a jog/shuttle scrub wheel, transport controls, timecode displays etc. Requires the CAT card to be fitted
- Fader Control panel: - includes 8 touch-sensitive motorised faders, solo/mute buttons, 6 digital rotary encoders for modifying EQ, dynamics and aux send levels and much more. Requires the CAT card to be fitted
- 4 inputs & 4 outputs
- up to 96kHz/24bit audio
- one button PQ editing
- AIFF, WAV, BWF file support
- real-time architecture
- professional plug-ins and DirectX support
- segment-based automation
- optional hardware control interface with moving fader mixing
- multitrack editing
- project management
- background recording/backup
- backup to AIT, DDS, DLT, DVD-RAM
- 50 undo levels
- sample accurate waveform editing
- 19" rack mount hardware
- fully supports AES-31 interchange
- wide range of optional plug-ins